Makes about: 66
Prep: 5 min.
Mix: 5 min.
Hands on: 30-45 min.
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
4 cups unsweetened coconut plus more for coating
1/2 heaping cup almonds
- Put 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut into a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the shredded coconut and mix it all together until it is all well incorporated and most of the dry coconut is coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put in a refrigerator overnight.
- Next day: Put 1⁄2 cup of almonds into a pot, cover with water and bring to boil. As soon it starts to boil, turn the stove off and strain the water out using a strainer. Let the almonds cool off.
- With your hands, peel the skin from all the almonds and set aside. (It comes off easily.)
- Put unsweetened shredded coconut into a tray and set aside.
- Take the coconut mixture out of the refrigerator. Grab a peeled almond and a small piece of the coconut mixture. Make into a ball, while trying to keep the almond in the middle. Roll the ball in the palm of your hand to help it to be more round.
- Lastly, roll into the tray of coconut to coat the whole ball.